Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Summer lovin'

I cant believe the summer is over already. It was a fun summer but it went by way to quickly. Being the Mom that I am I tried to pack as much into it as possible. Well that's not the exact truth. Usually in August I realize that we haven't done everything I wanted to do for the summer so we end up cramming fun stuff in the last few weeks of the summer! I guess that's OK for now. One day I will be on the ball and spread our fun over all the summer.... well maybe not!
We hiked to Timp Cave on morning. I had forgotten how much of a bugger the hike was. We did have fun and the cave is still as cool as ever!
Carley at the base of the mountainOne of the cool tunnels on the way to the cave.


Finally at the cave! Waiting for our time.
Inside the cave. Carley looks like her head is on backwards!


One of the cool formations. Me being super childish laughed at the ones that reminded me of other things!!!!

We went to the aquarium with Kathy, Greg, Sky, and Damon. It was the first time I had been there. I was impressed that they could turn a craft store into an aquarium!
Stingrays. Carley and Damon loved to touch them. Sky not so much. It took him awhile to get the courage to touch the slimy little suckers!

Damon touching a ray.
I loved the jellyfishes.


Damon, Carley, and Skyler


I decided it was time to teach Carley how to sew. She wanted to make a purse out of an old pair of jeans. We looked online for a pattern and decided to make our own. We measured and cut. She pinned it and then I taught her how to use the machine and she went to town!

Finished product! You can tell it was the end of the weekend- such a clean house!!


Carley's first day of fourth grade. She is really excited to have the teacher she has. She is in a 4th/5th grade split class. I was a little worried, but she is doing amazing already!

Standing outside of her classroom!







No comments: