Sunday, August 1, 2010

We had the chance to go to Capital reef for a family reunion. It was a lot of fun and beautiful! I haven't ever been there before, and I fell in love wtih it. It really is indescribable! I also had the chance to go to Boston. My parents were going there for a week and Kathy and I decided we would meet them on the weekend. It was fast, fun trip.

Beautiful red rocks of capital reef.

The deer were in our campground and really tame!

Carley sneaking up on a deer.


More amazing red cliffs.

The sky seemed so blue against the red rocks.




Hiking to some petroglyphs

Talent show at the reunion!! My Mom got a crazy idea that she heard from someone and suckered my Dad into doing it. My Dad bribed Carley 5 bucks to do it. I however could not be bribed!!!

More hiking- well it seems more resting than hiking, but it was while we were hiking!

All of my Dad's siblings and their spouses except my Uncle Don.

All of my cousins that were at the reunion

We made it to Boston and my we decided to go to Cambridge and see Harvard first.


Cool brick fences are all over Harvard.

Of course we had to see Fenway park and the big green monster. We tried to get tickets to the game but it was sold out and scalpers wanted at least $100 for tickets. Thats way to spendy for my budget so we just looked around it and took pics. Hopefully we will be back there soon to see a game.

We did the freedom walk and it was really cool. This is were Samuel Adams is buried.



This is Paul Revere's house. We were going to go in but it was a huge long line and super freaking hot, so we bypassed it!

Kathy and I went to my work party while we were there and it was at Thompson's Island. They shuttled us over on a ferry and there were a ton of sailboats. This is one that I thought was pretty cool!

Bunker Hill. It was interesting to note that the battle of bunker hill actually was not on bunker hill. But very cool none the less!!

We found this cool little town called Nantastic Beach. It isnt like most beaches Ive ever been too-very rocky. But there were still a lot of people laying out and playing in the ocean. The sun was starting to set and it was amazing!

Mom and Dad at Nantastic Beach


The beautiful sunset over downtown Boston.

No comments: